Specialist, Programme Support, Integrated Development Programme (IDP)
Login To Apply
Posted on: Sun Mar 19 2023
BRAC Integrated Development Programme (IDP) ensures access to services for people living in hard-to-reach regions such as haors (wetlands), chars (riverine islands) and indigenous communities. Interested in life at the last mile in Bangladesh? Join the IDP team to learn about the unique challenges of remote delivery, and be part of a team working to get critical services to the furthest corners of the country. Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
JOB PURPOSE: Specialist, Programme Support, Livelihoods will support the programme participants for improving livelihoods through entrepreneurship and market development and ensure the interventions & implementation of the project in the field level.
Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme`s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Ensure project planning & budgeting of quality implementation depending on target with timeline.
- Ensure technical support for programme quality, financial management and supervise programme implementation.
- Coordinate with BRAC to Basic (B2B)/IDP personnel, BRAC relevant programme and all stakeholders including government and NGOs.
- Provide support to Divisional Manager and regular monitoring and providing guidance to the Programme Organizers, Upazila Managers, District Manager and project participants.
- Maintain liaison with the government and non-government stakeholders, local government representative, private sector enterprises, NGOs, project participants, arrange different types of meeting, workshop and social mobilization.
- Ensure project report and documentation of MIS, M & E, case studies
- Establish collection center for market access to the small farm producers and linkages with input and output market, private sector enterprise and establish market channel in B2B areas
- Provide technical support especially on agricultural based activities like high value agriculture production, livestock management & treatment, fisheries, non-farm and climate resilience activities .
- Master's degree in any discipline preferably in Agriculture, Business Administration.
- Knowledge on agriculture, livestock, fisheries and livelihood related activities with market and value chain development, social issues, gender, entrepreneurship development.
- Experience in working with different supply chain actors (Input company, dealer, agent, output market actors like Arotdar, wholesalers, collectors) for smallholders' farmers backward and forward linkage development.
- Excellent in team building and training facilitation skill.
- Good understanding on disaster management, adaptation and climate change
- Proficient in use of computers and office software packages (MS Office, M S Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- 02-03 years of working experience in agriculture and livestock related activities with market and value chain development, producer groups, institutional development, social issues, person with disabilities, gender and small entrepreneurship development
Smart & Hard Worker
Energetic, dedicated, and hardworking.
Analytical and problem solving skills
Required Educational Qualifications
Masters Equivalent in Any Discipline
Festival Bonus: 2
As per company Policy
Common Job Interview Questions
I’m Tom and I belong to California. I’ve completed my Master of Financial Engineering Program from the University of California. I am energetic & a great communicator. My previous experience in the same position helped me build confidence and develop advanced skills for this position. I am trustworthy and punctual, and I can always be depended on to finish what I start. I also consider myself hardworking, reliable, dependable, helpful, outgoing, organized, honest and cooperative.
I am actively searching for a job and have seen your job circular online and found it suitable for me. After reviewing the application, I realized that it is completely compatible with my career planning, and I felt fit for this position, so I applied here.
I think now is the time to move on to greater responsibilities in the workplace. I believe that the opportunity to work in your organization will develop my personality as well as my skills. Also, your organization will give me the opportunity to work in the same team with experienced professionals so that I will be able to give my full potential. I am confident that the opportunity to join here will enable me to advance myself in my career as well as contribute to the overall growth of the organization.
Well, I have all of the skills and experience that you’re looking for, and I’m confident that I would be appropriate for this position. From my previous experience in different organizations, I learned how to multitask and prioritize responsibilities. Besides, my communication skills from working directly with senior managers make me more deserving for this job. I’d love nothing more than to join your team here and grow this business unit.