Deputy Manager, Research and Insights; Microfinance Programme
Login To Apply
Posted on: Sun Mar 19 2023
BRAC Microfinance provides people who cannot access traditional financial banking services with access to a suite of financial services, including loans, savings and microinsurance. We provide an alternative to high-interest loans from informal lenders, supporting families to invest in income-generating activities, build assets, and reduce vulnerability to health shocks and natural disasters. Passionate about finance beyond formal banking systems? Join the BRAC Microfinance team to help build a more financially-inclusive society, where everyone can access finance when they need it - safely, responsibly and sustainably. Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
JOB PURPOSE: To protect client`s right and implement responsible inclusive finance by designing interventions in a way that is likely to generate positive social impact in client`s life.
Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme`s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Responsible for BRAC's efforts in client protection initiatives for Microfinance activities in Bangladesh for 9+ million clients.
- Responsible for social performance management activities for BRAC Microfinance programme including national and international spaces.
- Responsible for preparing result framework, Strategic Partnership Agreement (SPA) reporting, Log-frame and annual operations plan (AoP), Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework for Microfinance program, following up the progress according to plan and make an end and midyear report for BRAC's top management.
- Responsible for maximizing value for BRAC microfinance's 9+ million clients through several approaches ranging from promoting client protection standards to ensure customers service and complaint resolution and initiating customer loyalty schemes.
- Assist in establishing client protection principles among the whole microfinance program through initiating innovating processes and systems.
- Continuously develop, establish, and execute client protection best practices across the country.
- Assist in projects which aims to provide basic awareness building by engaging more than 9+ million clients of BRAC's microfinance program across 2500+ branches, by engaging 27500+ regular staffs each time and to strengthen client centric policies and practices within the institution
- Bachelors in any discipline from any recognized university/ institution
- Specialized knowledge in research methodologies
- Knowledge of project management, CSR, and client protection
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, acquired from organizational involvement and employment in different cross-cultural environments
- Excellent report writing and teamwork skills
- Advanced user of computer with detailed knowledge in office software, advanced in power point presentation and moderate knowledge in Graphics design
Energetic, hardworking, self-motivated
Problem solving ability and analytic skill
Excellent in Communication
Required Educational Qualifications
Graduation Equivalent in Any discipline
Festival Bonus: 2
As per company Policy
Common Job Interview Questions
I’m Tom and I belong to California. I’ve completed my Master of Financial Engineering Program from the University of California. I am energetic & a great communicator. My previous experience in the same position helped me build confidence and develop advanced skills for this position. I am trustworthy and punctual, and I can always be depended on to finish what I start. I also consider myself hardworking, reliable, dependable, helpful, outgoing, organized, honest and cooperative.
I am actively searching for a job and have seen your job circular online and found it suitable for me. After reviewing the application, I realized that it is completely compatible with my career planning, and I felt fit for this position, so I applied here.
I think now is the time to move on to greater responsibilities in the workplace. I believe that the opportunity to work in your organization will develop my personality as well as my skills. Also, your organization will give me the opportunity to work in the same team with experienced professionals so that I will be able to give my full potential. I am confident that the opportunity to join here will enable me to advance myself in my career as well as contribute to the overall growth of the organization.
Well, I have all of the skills and experience that you’re looking for, and I’m confident that I would be appropriate for this position. From my previous experience in different organizations, I learned how to multitask and prioritize responsibilities. Besides, my communication skills from working directly with senior managers make me more deserving for this job. I’d love nothing more than to join your team here and grow this business unit.