Sainsbury's Argos Asia Limited
- Deliver all technical aspects of apparel product development and ongoing technical management of apparel products from Bangladesh.
- Demonstrate good technical knowledge and ability to manipulate the basic paper block to get correct fit of garment and to develop different styles of garment.
- Make alterations to paper patterns to get correct fit and achieve good shape of garment
- Ensure products meet quality, legal and safety requirements and due diligence.
- Help to maintain and train team members to secure core competencies are developed and capable of meeting current and future challenges
- Maintain effective working relationship with related internal stakeholders in Bangladesh / HK and UK.
- To provide technical advice and support to suppliers / merchandisers to ensure products selected comply with UK/European standards and internal company requirements.
- Perform factory assessment in relation to Quality and Ethical standards.
- Principle Accountabilities:
- Assist Technical Manager to develop and implement QA Strategies to support the business growth
- Help to train and develop team members to secure competencies are developed and maintained, ensure that key people are in place to deliver the required growth
- Work closely with Merchandiser to execute strategy for category delivery
- Handle assigned cross functional projects involving relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure compliance to established quality processes, ensure proper documentation is maintained, and constantly optimize working practices
- Ensure working practices are fully aligned with UK/HK technical team,
- Secure evaluation of new supplier capability against business needs, conduction of supplier approval when necessary and make recommendation to Merchandiser and buyer concerning optimization of the supplier base
- Monitoring Supplier performance and execute continuous improvement actions
- Investigated product incident and report to Technical Manager and senior management
- Measures of Success:
- Sample approvals within Critical path deadline
- Product return rate from consumer within target
- Staff / Supplier training and development
- QC cost ratio within target
- Delivery on time
- Graduate in any field
- 4 to 5 years' experience in relevant QA/QC discipline gained from sourcing,
- Specialist on paper pattern construction / grading and fitting knowledge
- Experience in leadership skills and people management
- Ability to coach and develop team members with different background
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Robust personality able to work under pressure and make balanced decisions
- Proven technical skills within the product area
- Commercial awareness
- Familiar with UK legislation and requirements
- Fluently written and spoken English
- Experience with manufacturing practices in Bangladesh
- Experience in working in Bangladesh office with local staff
- Willingness to travel within Asia
- Extensive knowledge of quality systems (eg. ISO9000), ethical audits, testing requirements and manufacturing processes
- We offer plenty of work variety and a great team atmosphere. Interested candidates please send a full resume, details of availability, present and expected salary to us.
Business : J Sainsbury Plc is one of the UK`s leading Grocery and Non Food retailers. Sainsbury?s was founded in 1869 and our heritage defines the way we operate. Our vision is to be the most trusted retailer where customers and colleagues love to work and shop, and our 160,000 colleagues put this into practice every day across our 1,200 multi format stores in the UK. We put our customers and their values at the heart of everything do, and apply industry leading ethical trading practices underpinned by a firm commitment to sustainable sourcing.
end your CV to HRBD@sainsburys.com.hk
Category: Garments/Textile Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Dhaka
Published: 09 Sep 2017 | Deadline: 18 Sep 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: 4 - 5 Years